Even after the value of cryptocurrencies plummets, some do not lose hope. Sam Bankman-Fried, a crypto billionaire whose fortune has not yet been spared, continues to vow to donate the majority of his income to the “bailout” of cryptocurrency companies and charities.
Sam Bankman-Fried is an American figure in the cryptocurrency sector. He is the founder of the FTX cryptocurrency exchange platform, which allows buying and selling of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other well-known digital currencies.
The creation of FTX, which has become the second largest cryptocurrency platform, allowed Sam Bankman-Fried to join the club of the richest people in the world. Last April, when he was only 30 years old, his fortune amounted to $24 billion.
But the articles about this billionaire are not limited to stating the amount of his wealth, which has shown an exponential rise. From the Sam Bankman-Fried properties, According to Bloomberg, is that he pledged to keep only 1% of his profits and donate the rest. To be clear, he promised to continue living on “only” $100,000 a year and donate all of the remaining 99%.
Robin Hood from Cryptos
In June, after a drop in cryptocurrency prices linked to the crash of the Terra blockchain, his personal wealth fell from $15 billion to $8.9 billion. But despite this, he confided in him Reuters It will continue to pay huge sums of money to companies in difficulty, hoping to give a boost to the sector. Last month, for example, the creator of the FTX platform considered acquiring crypto exchange Bithumb. distance The Luna coin crashed last MayThis cryptocurrency exchange platform is facing financial difficulties. Also in June, Sam Bankman-Frieddust signed the Giving Pledge. This public commitment, made mostly by billionaires, aims to encourage signatories to donate at least 50% of their wealth to charity.