The e-commerce market was already thriving, but the Covid containment duo was a real boost to the field. A lot of e-commerce websites have been created in a very short time It is still being created today.
Of course, not many bother to create an e-commerce site that meets market expectations and end up with disappointing results.
This article focuses on Reasons why your e-commerce site is not performing well It guides you through tips to improve your e-commerce site and its performance.
1. An e-commerce site that isn’t user-friendly enough
The website is said to be easy to use or not depend on user experience according to different criteria. that is the last one Work environment From the site, to her structurefor him the designI’Navigation assistanceAnything that improves or, on the contrary, deteriorates the usability of this website.
An e-commerce site is considered user-friendly when it is easy to use, when users can find their way around and navigate in a smooth and pleasant way, and when all site functions work without technical problems.
It is possible to measure the usability of your e-commerce site through usability testing, otherwise known as user testing, which determines the usability score of a website. Tests are numerous, from the simplest, a measure of a system’s usability, to the most complex and compelling methods such as live tests, or user monitoring.
Adequate usability criteria are independent of user preferences and tastes. The central points to consider for developing a user-friendly e-commerce website are:
- The Site visibility in what he offers,
- a structure allow a Simple navigationAnd the
- a stability Presentation and content.
a Attractive design is one of the last things to consider.
2. Choosing a very small product to meet the needs of your customers
You have an easy-to-use and smooth e-commerce site, and the navigation is done without a hitch. It’s good, but it’s not enough, the competition is just a click away. To retain your users and make them loyal customers, you need to have products to offer them. However, if you have index he is very slimThere is no doubt that you risk losing a good number of customers and a good share of the market.
The problem that you certainly see, for e-commerce sites in general, is Inventory Management. Many find themselves short on storage or over storage. Without going into details, know that it is very important to know how to properly manage your stock, so that you can satisfy your customers without finding yourself unable to sell perishable stock.
The most convenient way is Renew your stock from a certain fixed threshold, which means that demand is expected to a minimum. To help you fill your inventory optimally, rely on past sales volume, analyze market trends (using Google trends for example), set forecast period, etc.
You can better manage your inventory to turn away fewer customers, you can too Go through an e-commerce agency To understand all these topics in more detail or simply delegate what is a big burden to you.
3. Very high prices compared to other e-commerce sites
The problem may actually come from your pricing. If you are ordering more similar product than Average competitor sitesso don’t be surprised if customers choose to look elsewhere.
It’s simple, yet important: Always take the time to compare yourself to the market and the competition. If you have no idea how to set a fair and attractive price, or are worried about asking too much, read these tips:
To calculate your selling price, Combine the various costs associated with bringing your product to market, and add up your profit margin. Remember that if your price is too high, you run the risk of losing your market share, and if it is too low, it will be difficult for you to maintain your business and develop in your field.
So you have to set a file profitable price, This is by calculating the sum of the variable costs per unit, and adding your profit margin, not forgetting to include the fixed costs.
Also consider thatThe price is not fixedMay adjust as you go: Calculate your profitable price and run it on your e-commerce site, you can adjust it later if it seems too high or too low.
4. A visually unattractive e-commerce site
Another mistake that can be caused by the poor performance of your e-commerce website is its design. One would think that it is secondary, and as long as the technical performance of the site as well as the prices are there, the visual doesn’t matter much. This is a mistake ! a visible attractive It has all its importance in the results of an e-commerce site. encourage users to Stay longer on the siteto keep b Nice feeling who transported them. consumers will be more inclined to counting on your site and make purchases.
So remember to make your e-commerce website visually appealing, this can go through:
- a original visualAnd the basicCreative: Don’t copy, create your own universe.
- a photographer relevant And important: do not choose your photos if they do not make sense in relation to your activity,
- a homogeneity affiliate Colors Try to create a color identity that is recognizable from afar, like the colors that come to mind when you think of some famous brands,
- a plainness Schedule : Avoid overloading graphics, graphic areas should be used to support text, not for decoration without another purpose,
- a Show relaxing : Insert visual cues for navigation, create visual harmony, logical layout of pages, etc.
The visuals really work in-depth so that your e-commerce website is attractive.
5. Inadequate customer services and support
There is another point that should not be overlooked if you want to improve the performance of your e-commerce website: Services client. It’s how you support customers at any point in their journey: before, during or after the purchase.
The goal is to satisfy your customers by responding effectively to their requests, thus Improve your customers’ experienceAnd the Effect Positively CRM And take care of you Brand image.
To provide effective customer support, here are some tips:
- get ready Flawless internal : Define the process of listening to customers, collecting feedback, equipping yourself with powerful tools, exchange, etc.,
- Personalize relationships with your customers : Adapting to each customer by choosing the communication channel of their choice, supporting your customer with purchase options, making individual rather than standard exchanges, etc.
- Explain in detail Self care For e-commerce customers: Consider customer autonomy and respond to this expectation by giving them the opportunity to manage their accounts, look up support information, etc., independently. Customers are appreciated and relaxed for your customer service.
- use them Response Customers: By collecting feedback from your customers, you can use it to improve customer service. Proactive approach brings customers closer.
- improve your Interactive : A company’s reaction time is one of the main reasons for consumer satisfaction or lack thereof.
There are still other ways to improve your customer service, just as there are other reasons that can explain the poor performance of your e-commerce site, this article is not meant to be exhaustive. However, focus on these Five reasons The above-mentioned , Put the advice into action And see for yourself developments who your E-commerce site.