Posted at 11:00 am
For 2 servings
- 1 cup vegetable drink
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen Canadian berries (here a mix of blueberries, haskaps and cherries)*
- 200 grams of acai berry puree
- 1 to 2 tbsp. tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
* Since the Acai berry, which is native to South America, cannot be found in its fresh form in Quebec, Marisol likes to complete her bowls with small fruits from here.
Preparation: the ABC of a creamy bowl
How do you make a thick and creamy smoothie bowl? This is THE question Marisol gets asked the most on her Instagram account. Here are some of his tricks for getting a texture more like a sherbet… than a soup!
• To accompany the acai, the base of the bowl should be creamy fruits like banana and mango. Also, it’s always better to just go for frozen fruit for better texture. Likewise, avoid adding ice to the mixture.
• The blender should be sufficiently filled – at least until the blades are covered – to do its job. You can add more liquid but in a dropper as it is always easier to add more than remove.
• Pre-cutting fruit for garnish is also a good idea because it melts quickly. Finally, preparing a bowl of acai requires a lot of patience, but this is rewarded by the final tasting!