A few days after announcing the arrival of Horizon Home with the Quest and Quest 2 update v41, Meta now gives us the full description of this update and we can say that it is massive!
MetaHorizon home page
In this release, Meta Horizon Home, your personal VR social space, comes to early access. With your new VR home, you now have one central place to:
- Invite your friends and family to hang out together as avatars
- Talk to them about spatial audio
- Coordinate and launch collaboratively supported multiplayer experiences
Watch Oculus TV with friends in Meta Horizon Home
Challenge the distance between you and friends or family and share experiences by watching Oculus TV with friends in Meta Horizon Home, where you can do things like:
- Host a virtual movie night for your friends to watch Lionsgate movies (US only)
- Travel into space and learn about life on the International Space Station
- Get a front-row seat to an on-demand concert for yourself and your closest friends
Launch of a first suite of parental control tools. Teens make the request to their parents or guardians to oversee their account. Parents can accept these requests through the Oculus mobile app. Once parental supervision is set up, parents can access the following features:
- The parents can block certain apps that may be inappropriate for their teen and thus prevent the teen from launching those apps. Applications that can be blocked include applications such as web browsers and applications available from the Meta Quest Store
- Parents can authorize their teen to download or purchase a default-blocked application based on their IARC classification
- Teens 13 and older can submit an access request to the app, which will trigger a notification to their parents
- Parents can then approve or deny the request through the Oculus mobile app
- The parents can see all the applications their teenager has
- Parents can receive “Purchase Alerts” that will notify them when their teen makes a purchase in VR
- Parents can see headset screen time through the Oculus mobile app so they know how much time their teen is spending in VR
- Parents can see their teen’s Oculus friends list
- Parents can block shortcut and flight connection thereby preventing his teenager from accessing his PC content through his Quest headset
NOTNote that parental control tools will be rolled out gradually.
Beta support for Windows 11 Link/Air Link
Improved performance and stability for using Link and Air Link with Windows 11 systems.
- The solution via the console window is no longer needed
App Library filter and sort settings
A new panel has been added in Settings to control your default filter and sort order in your App Library.
The deployment is gradual
We’ve improved color accuracy for Oculus Home, System UI, and other 2D panel apps for Meta Quest headsets. We’ve also provided a color space setting that allows you to choose how you want the colors in these areas to appear in your headset. You can try the new color space options in your panel Experimental parameters.