[PHOTOS] Attempted murder in Beauport: A man fights for his life, a suspect is arrested

A person suspected of being attacked with a knife in Quebec’s Beauport sector early Friday morning is between life and death. His alleged attacker was arrested.


Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

It was citizens who contacted authorities just before 4.30am after finding the victim, a man in his 30s, seriously injured. The person was lying on the ground in the parking lot of an apartment building on Avenue Saint-Narcisse.


Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

According to our sources, he would have multiple stab wounds. He was taken to the hospital center and his condition is considered critical, says Marie-Pier Rivard of the Service de Police de la Ville de Quebec (SPVQ).


Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

The suspect in this case fled before the peace officers arrived, but was intercepted at around 5.10am at a residential building in the Saint-Sauveur district after a large-scale police operation.


Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

The suspect, also in his 30s, is currently in custody and is expected to appear at the Quebec Courthouse later in the day.

A fight gone wrong?

The Major Crimes Unit is currently investigating to shed light on the circumstances of the tragedy, the SPVQ said. At around 8:30 a.m., debris that may have been left behind after the attack is still lying on the ground at the scene.


Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

The command post, several patrol officers and members of the Forensic Identification Unit and the Canine Unit were also on site. The connection between the victim and the perpetrator is not yet known.


Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

However, neighbors say they heard screams related to a fight a few hours before the victim was discovered.


Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

“There were two boys and two girls who appeared to be pushing each other and were screaming around 1am parking spot. We never thought it would happen like this!” says Marc-Antoine Pouliot, resident of the neighboring building.

Apparently, the incident had the effect of bombing the neighborhood, which we are assured is normally relatively quiet.


Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

“I’ve lived here for four years and this is the first time we’ve seen something like this here. When we got up this morning we couldn’t believe it. It’s weird, all of this!” points out Tristan Lemire.


Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

another attack

If the victim’s death is confirmed, it would be the second murder in Quebec territory since the beginning of the year.

Remember that on April 6, a man in his sixties died near Lake Saint-Charles, killed by a man in a psychosis.

Additionally, another similar event occurred in the Beauport County last week. Michel Boucher, 51, has been charged with the attempted murder of his 46-year-old wife after he was first arrested by police a few hours earlier.

Further information follows…

Leave a Comment