This time we’re here, the Windows Insider Program DEV channel welcomes a new preview of Windows 11, different from the one released in the Beta channel. Windows 11 Build 25115 is the very first step towards the final version of the second feature update for Windows 11. It will be released in the second half of 2023.
Specifically, the BETA channel focuses on 10:22 p.m., which is now considered to be over. The RTM is expected by the end of the month. Microsoft has just started developing Sun Valley 3 aka 23H2.
Windows 11 Build 25115 introduces a new feature. Named “Suggested Actions,” it tries to introduce “predictive” to make the operating system smarter. Obviously it tries to guess what the user wants to do based on a selected text. For example, highlighting a date in Microsoft Teams indicates that that date is pasted into another application or that an event is scheduled on the calendar.
Therefore, Microsoft wants to reduce the number of actions required to perform an action. In our example, highlighting the date triggers a prompt to create an event on the calendar. Following the same idea, highlighting a phone number triggers an action to call the number and search for it on Bing via the Microsoft Edge browser.
Windows 11 Build 25115, many fixes
In parallel, we have several improvements and bug fixes. The company offers an update of the icons in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) in order to standardize their appearance. Voice access support is also improved. This is a speech recognition feature that makes it possible to work with speech on Windows.
Regarding the issue of troubleshooting when the taskbar icons crash
Paramètres > Personnalisation > barre des tâches
If this page opened recently, it’s fixed.
Likewise, error 0x800703E6 when copying files from Google Drive is a thing of the past. According to Microsoft, File Explorer performance has been improved. Fixed the bug that caused the CTRL+ALT+DEL to crash.
Finally we have fixes around the explorer.exe and the task manager or even a problem with 100% processor usage on Windows. You can find all the details at the end of the article.
changes and improvements
- We’ve updated the icons in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) for this build.
- The underlying speech platform has been updated to improve speech activity detection for Voice Access, Live Captions and Speech Input, and to fix some punctuation recognition issues.
- Fixed an issue related to loading the taskbar icons in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar that could cause Settings to crash if this page was recently opened. This issue may also have resulted in some explorer.exe crashes for affected Insiders.
- Fixed an issue that caused Insiders to see error 0x800703E6 when copying files from Google Drive.
- We’ve made another change to improve Home loading performance.
- Fixed an issue where if you ever had the context menu open, doing CTRL + ALT + DEL and canceling would crash explorer.exe.
- Fixed an intermittent crash of explorer.exe when closing file explorer windows.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain cases, explorer.exe could lock up when settings were suspended.
- Improved how Narrator reads the remaining available memory in System > Memory.
- Fixed some issues related to using access keys in Task Manager, including not being able to press ALT + directly without first releasing the ALT key and access keys display not working after using them and had discarded.
- When CPU hits 100%, the CPU column header should no longer unexpectedly become unreadable in dark mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Smart App Control to unexpectedly block correctly signed applications.
- Fixed an issue that caused memory integrity to be unexpectedly disabled after reboot in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the update stack package to show installation error 0xc4800010.
- [NEW] Some games using Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or scan your PC for errors.
- Certain full-screen apps (e.g. video players) prevent live subtitles from being visible.
- Certain apps that are at the top of the screen and are closed before live captions are running will restart behind the live captions window positioned at the top. Use the system menu (ALT + spacebar) while the app has focus to move the app’s window further down.