If hospitalizations related to COVID-19 continue to fall Thursday in Quebec, the tally has still added 25 more deaths.
• Also read: COVID-19: Dubé and Blais will continue to wear the mask
The province’s hospitals have seen a decrease of 26 patients since the previous day, for a total of 1,821 people who are still present because of the virus or because they tested positive for another reason during their hospitalization.
Two beds have become vacant in the intensive care unit and 60 Quebecers are still being hospitalized in that service.
6,412 healthcare workers are still off the network due to the virus, either for preventive withdrawal, isolation or awaiting results.
La Belle province has also reported 767 new cases of COVID-19 among those who have access to a screening center and 252 self-reported positive rapid tests in the past 24 hours.
In Ontario, hospitalizations continue to decline (1451, -77), as does critical care (175, -1).
The most populous province also reported 2,160 additional infections detected by PCR tests and 14 deaths.
THE SITUATION IN QUEBEC ON MAY 12, 2022
- 1,055,277 infected (+767*)
- -5,226 deaths (+25)
- 1821 people were hospitalized
- 117 entries
- 143 exits
- 60 people in intensive care
- 6 entries
- 8 exits
- 15,577 samples taken
- So far 207,012 self-declared rapid tests, of which 169,511 are positive: 312 declared for yesterday, of which 252 are positive.
- 19,417 doses administered are added, ie 18,557 in the last 24 hours and 860 before May 11, for a total of 19,713,093 doses administered in Quebec.
- A total of 329,695 doses were administered outside of Quebec, for a cumulative total of 20,042,788 doses received by Quebecers.
* The number of cases listed is not representative of the situation as access to screening centers is restricted to priority constituencies
DEATHS BY REGION
- Lower Saint Laurentius: 168
- Saguenay – Lac Saint Jean: 433
- State capital: 1535
- Mauricie-et-Centre-du-Quebec: 996
- Eastern parishes: 609
- Montreal: 5459
- Outaouais: 310
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue: 110
- North Shore: 46
- Northern Quebec: 4th
- Gaspésie – Magdalen Islands: 82
- Chaudière-Appalaches: 645
- Laval: 1102
- Lanaudiere: 761
- Laurentians: 750
- Monte control room: 2189
- Nunavik: 10
- Terres-Cries-de-la-Baie-James: 15
- Unknown: 0
- Outside Quebec: 2
All of Quebec: 15,226
More details to come…