After a slight drop the day before, hospitalizations related to COVID-19 in Quebec continued to decline on Wednesday, with 54 fewer hospitalizations.
• Also read: dr Luc Boileau takes stock this afternoon
In all, 1,847 people remain in hospitals because of the virus or because they tested positive for another reason during their hospitalization. 62 patients are counted in the intensive care unit, four fewer than the day before.
Nearly 6,511 healthcare workers are still absent for reasons related to COVID-19, whether for precautionary rehab, isolation or awaiting their results. This is an increase of 48 people in the last 24 hours.
La Belle province also reported 1,101 new cases among those who have access to a screening center and 198 self-reported positive rapid tests. The death toll also rose to 23.
On the Ontario side, hospitalizations fell (1528, – 27), which was also seen in the intensive care unit (176, – 12).
The most populous province reported 1,995 additional infections detected by PCR tests and 29 deaths.
The situation in Quebec on September 11
- 1,101 new cases out of a total of 1,054,510 infected*;
- 23 new deaths for a total of 15,201 deaths;
- 6,511 healthcare workers absent for COVID-related reasons (preventive withdrawal, isolation, waiting for results, etc.);
- 1,847 hospitalizations, down 54 from the previous day;
- 111 new entries,
- 165 new releases;
- 62 people in ICU, down 4 from the previous day;
- 7 new entries,
- 11 new releases;
- 16,440 samples taken on May 9;
- So far 206,467 self-declared rapid tests, of which 169,052 are positive: 259 declared for yesterday, of which 198 are positive.
*Remember that the number of cases listed is not representative of the situation as access to screening centers is restricted to priority constituencies.
DEATHS BY REGION
- Lower St. Lawrence: 167
- Saguenay – Lac Saint Jean: 433
- State capital: 1534
- Mauricie-et-Centre-du-Quebec: 995
- Eastern parishes: 608
- Montreal: 5454
- Outaouais: 310
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue: 110
- North Shore: 46
- Northern Quebec: 4th
- Gaspésie – Magdalen Islands: 82
- Chaudière-Appalachia: 640
- Laval: 1101
- Lanaudiere: 759
- Laurentians: 750
- Monte control room: 2181
- Nunavik: 10
- Terres-Cries-de-la-Baie-James: 15
- Unknown: 0
- Outside Quebec: 2
All of Quebec: 15,201