Hospitalizations related to COVID-19 are still falling in Quebec on Friday as the province recorded 68 fewer hospitalizations compared to the previous day.
• Also read: Get your 4th dose or wait?
A total of 2,051 Quebecers remain in hospitals related to the virus. Four fewer patients were also counted in the intensive care unit, where 60 beds are still occupied.
Nearly 7,337 healthcare workers are absent from the network for reasons related to COVID-19, whether due to precautionary withdrawal, isolation or awaiting results. That’s a decrease of 69 people since Thursday.
La Belle province recorded 1,243 new cases among those who have access to screening centers and 240 self-reported positive rapid tests on the government platform. The death toll also rose to 22.
Across the Ottawa River, hospital admissions also continued to decrease compared to the previous day (1662, -14), but the number of intensive care patients increased by five people to a total of 210.
Ontario has also reported 2,418 additional infections detected by PCR testing and 17 deaths in the past 24 hours.
THE SITUATION IN QUEBEC ON MAY 6, 2022
- 1,243 new cases out of a total of 1,050,121 infected*;
- 22 new deaths, total 15,106 deaths;
- 7,337 healthcare workers absent for COVID-related reasons (preventive withdrawal, isolation, waiting for results, etc.);
- 2,051 hospital admissions, down 68 from the previous day;
- 127 new entries,
- 195 new releases;
- 60 people in ICU, down 4 from the previous day;
- 6 new entries,
- 10 new releases;
- 16,518 samples taken on May 4;
- So far 203,868 self-declared rapid tests, of which 166,823 are positive: 283 declared for yesterday, of which 240 are positive.
– A total of 327,140 doses were administered outside of Quebec, for a cumulative total of 19,935,642 doses received by Quebecers.
* The number of cases listed is not representative of the situation as access to screening centers is restricted to priority constituencies
NUMBER OF CASES BY REGION
- Lower St. Lawrence: 20,157
- Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean: 29,707
- National capital: 86,993
- Mauricie and Centre-du-Quebec: 57,933
- Eastern parishes: 48,691
- Montreal: 305 110
- Outaouais: 39,230
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue: 10,614
- North Shore: 8165
- Northern Quebec: 1426
- Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine: 8819
- Chaudiere-Appalachia: 60,471
- Laval: 70,695
- Lanaudiere: 68,884
- Laurentians: 78,040
- Monteregie: 146,450
- Nunavik: 2973
- Terres-Cries-de-la-Baie-James: 2884
- Unknown: 0
- Outside Quebec: 2874
All of Quebec: 1,050,121
DEATHS BY REGION
- Lower St. Lawrence: 167
- Saguenay – Lac Saint Jean: 428
- State capital: 1523
- Mauricie and Center du Quebec: 990
- Eastern parishes: 592
- Montreal: 5440
- Outaouais: 310
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue: 110
- North Shore: 45
- Northern Quebec: 4th
- Gaspésie – Magdalen Islands: 80
- Chaudière-Appalachia: 625
- Laval: 1099
- Lanaudiere: 753
- Laurentians: 744
- Monte control room: 2168
- Nunavik: 10
- Terres-Cries-de-la-Baie-James: 15
- Unknown: 0
- Outside Quebec: 2
All of Quebec: 15,106