Contrary to what she indicated last week, Phase IV of the Samuel de Champlain Promenade will see the light of day, assures Geneviève Guilbault, Minister in charge of the Capitale-Nationale.
• Also read: Guilbault, the “worst minister” of the Capitale-Nationale, ton Villeneuve
“There was never any question of forgetting the Samuel de Champlain Promenade Phase IV project. It was never in question to give it up, it was never in question,” the deputy prime minister said before entering the Blue Hall on Tuesday.
Asked on the sidelines of the budget inquiry whether Phase IV was still on the horizon, Mme However, Guilbault had responded to this protocol that the CAQ “did not give any formal commitment for Phase IV” during the last election campaign.
One thing and its opposite
However, his party’s manifesto indicated just the opposite: “A government in the Avenir Québec coalition has pledged to support work on Phase 3 of the Samuel-De Champlain Promenade and will support the Phase 4 project to give citizens access.” to restore the river anywhere in Quebec,” it read.
That’s what Mr.me Guilbault after being severely criticized by, among others, the leader of the official opposition at City Hall, Claude Villeneuve, who on Monday described him as “the worst minister of the Capitale-Nationale”.
“What I said and what I repeat: this is the commitment that we made in writing in our 2018 electoral platform, Priorité Capitale, where we stated that we committed to carrying out Phase 3 of the Promenade Samuel-de-Champlain and to support Phase IV of the same project, which is exactly what we did.”
Added to this are the obstacles
At the beginning of the day, the opposition parties in the National Assembly complemented Minister Guilbault’s result in the state capital.
“It is certain that in relation to public transport, active transport, we have long had this unfortunate impression that Mme Guilbault hit the brakes and so I don’t know if she’s the worst (minister) because of that, but one thing is for sure and that’s her grade isn’t very good. , commented Québec solidaire co-spokeswoman Manon Massé.
“I don’t know if she’s the worst minister, but it’s certainly the government that makes the worst decisions for our Capitale-Nationale. And whether on the nickel, whether on the third link, (…) it’s always a bad decision, about a bad decision,” Sylvain Gaudreault from the Parti Québécois pointed in the same direction.
Liberal MP Pierre Arcand also noted that the progress of various acts was “extremely arduous” for the capital under the leadership of the Caquiste. “If Sam (Hamad) had been there, I think the cases would have been solved fairly quickly and easily,” Mr Arcand said.
For his part, Quebec Mayor Bruno Marchand said he was “reassured” by Mr.me Guilbault. “The good news for us is that there is a Phase IV that will see the light of day and we will be working to integrate it with other projects in the industry.”
Opposition leader Claude Villeneuve said he had no regrets, Mme Guilbault, the day before, despite this reversal, named “the worst minister of the Capitale-Nationale”. He was “optimistic” about the future, but called for a “concrete timetable”.
– In collaboration with Jean-Luc Lavallée