MLB pitcher Trevor Bauer was suspended for 324 regular season games, or two full seasons, for violating the league’s domestic violence and sexual assault policies.
Bauer will not receive a salary during these two seasons. The suspension fell after a lengthy investigation, Rob Manfred said in a statement.
Two weeks ago, Bauer was extended administrative leave by Major League Baseball and the Players’ Association.
“The Dodgers take the allegations very seriously and will not condone any act of domestic violence or sexual assault. We have cooperated with the MLB from the beginning and support the league policy. We understand that Trevor has the right to appeal the decision,” the LA organization said in a statement.
In addition, Bauer confirmed in a post on Twitter that he would appeal the decision.
“I deny in the strongest terms that I have committed any act in violation of MLB’s Domestic and Sexual Abuse policies. I will appeal the decision and expect to win. During this process, my team and I respect the rules of confidentiality. »
I strongly deny any violation of the League policy on domestic violence and sexual assault. I am appealing this lawsuit and expect to prevail. As we have done throughout this process, my representatives and I respect the confidentiality of the process.
— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) April 29, 2022
A Southern California woman claims he strangled her unconscious and last year beat her without her consent and had anal sex with her.
Bauer has not advertised since June 29. He earned $28 million last season, the first of three in a $102 million contract that Bauer signed after winning his first Cy-Young with the Cincinnati Reds in 2020.
Los Angeles prosecutors ruled in February not to press charges against Bauer in the incident involving a San Diego woman he met on social media.
They were unable to prove the woman’s allegations beyond a reasonable doubt, the Los Angeles County Attorney General’s Office said in a document released after their investigation concluded.
After prosecutors’ decision was made public, Bauer vehemently denied molesting the woman during a seven-minute video posted to YouTube. He admitted the two partners engaged in rough sex at the woman’s suggestion and adhered to a code of conduct previously agreed between them. Each encounter ended harmoniously, and the woman always spent the night at his house, according to Bauer.