Death threats to his parents: A dangerous man in his mid-thirties was arrested in a chase after an evasive maneuver

Actively wanted by Lévis police, the “mentally unstable and potentially armed” man was arrested after suffering an evasive maneuver during a police pursuit near Saint-Hyacinthe.

Vincent Daigle, a 31-year-old Lévis resident, is said to have threatened his parents with death on Tuesday night. In this regard, the authorities went to the rue de l’Harmonie in Charny at around 9.20pm, where they believed the suspect had barricaded himself.

A security perimeter has been established in the area to protect local residents during the intervention. However, peace officers quickly determined that the person was not at home.

Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

“We have received information that the suspect has left the Lévis sector. He could be in the Portneuf sector,” Lévis Police Service (SPVL) spokesman François Gagnon said in the morning.

Authorities have asked the public to be careful not to approach him as he would be “mentally unstable”. [et] could be armed. Weapons that were usually in his apartment were also not found.

pursuit and accident

The SPVL therefore asked the population for help to find the man who was on board a green Land Rover Ranger, built in 2004, around 12.30 p.m.

Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

He was finally found about 30 minutes later while driving eastbound on Highway 20 near Sainte-Hélène-de-Bagot near kilometer 150.

When the suspect saw police approaching, a chase began.

“He turned around on the freeway and headed west again before continuing his high-speed escape. Top speeds of 150 km/h were reached,” says Sûreté du Québec (SQ) spokesman Stéphane Tremblay.

Photo agency QMI, Marcel Tremblay

Authorities lost track of him as he took exit 150 before being diverted onto Route 224 minutes later after an evasive maneuver.

Mr. Daigle and a second person accompanying him were arrested by the SQ for escaping, dangerous driving and pursuit. However, further charges could be added in connection with the investigations carried out by the SPVL.

This crazy hunt commemorates the earlier of the month, which began in Beaumont in Chaudière-Appalaches and ended in Brampton, Ontario.

Lovepreet Singh, a 27-year-old man, kept police on their toes for nearly nine hours and 850 km on April 6. Luckily no one was injured in the escape.

Leave a Comment